10 Photos That Will Make You Want To Travel Australia

Saturday 11 February 2017

Saltwater Swimming Pools, Sydney

Australia really is one of my favourite places on earth. It has always been in my head as somewhere I wanted to go and possibly live someday. 
So when I 'd saved up enough to travel there last February/March I was absolutely ecstatic! I decided to do the typical backpacker route from Melbourne to Cairns but I have also included a few pictures from friends who have inspired me to travel even more of Oz!

Ayers Rock (Uluru)
Uluru is a large sandstone rock formation in the southern part of the Northern Territory in central Australia and is the main reason I want to get back to Australia; it's my dad's absolute dream to go and I just want to make that happen for him. This is the only place on this list that I didn't go to and it inspires me to travel back to Australia so bad.

Byron Bay
Byron Bay was my absolute favourite place from my whole time there. Byron is a quirky surf town just North of Sydney that may be getting a bit too over touristy but the stretches of beaches just made me fall in love. I was with really great people there and the nightlife there is just hilarious. I definitely didn't have long enough there!

The Opera House, Sydney
Well duh. This is on most people's bucket lists right?!

Whitehaven Beach, The Whitsundays
The Whitsundays is literally the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The only way to see them is to do a sailing trip which involves snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef so even more of a reason to go! The trips depart from Airlie Beach which in itself is a nice little town to stay in for a couple of nights but I'd recommend doing that after sailing! 

Blue Mountains, near Sydney
This was one of my weirdest days travelling: I went hiking round the Blue Mountains with five Swedish Guys - three of which I'd met in New Zealand. These mountains are actually stunning! It took about two hours (I think!) on the train to the three sisters hiking trails and then we carried on out to where the hanging rock is. Fair to say I was absolutely exhausted but was so hilarious with the Swedes!

Hosier Lane, Melbourne
Melbourne was my favourite city, it was the place I could really see myself living. My favourite thing to do was visit the graffiti lanes as they changed daily and there were some really quirky and interesting pieces. 

Twelve Apostles, The Great Ocean Road
Another reason to love Melbourne, it's so close to the start of The Great Ocean Road. We hired out a camper van and did a long weekend away along the coast; the Twelve Apostles being one of the main attractions! Such a good place for a sunset too!
Fraser Island
The whole of Fraser Island is just beautiful but the jetty picture is a classic. Fraser Island is the biggest sand island in the world and is home to Dingos and massive lakes, I know, lakes on a sand island!! There are massive sand dunes and rock pools to swim in as well. It was such a cool few days but the easiest (and maybe only) way to see the island is through tours. I'd recommend doing a 4x4 follow along tour.

Warrnambool (end of the GOR)
I mean I don't know if there's much in the town as we got there after everything had shut but it was worth it just to see the view.

I just want to be back in Oz!

No comments:

Post a Comment