The Liebster Award!!

Saturday 31 August 2013

Hi there!

I would like to start by thanking Daniella (Polkadella) for nominating me for the Liebster Award. When I first started blogging back in June, I saw these posts but never really understood what they were about. This is an award which can be given to up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers.

The Rules:                                

So once you have been nominated you will need to follow these rules, that is if you decided to accept the nomination.
You will need post a blog post with the following included:

1. Accepting the award
2. Answer the questions set by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers (try to avoid repeats) for the award
4. Set 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
5. Please place the Liebster Badge on your post


Just remember when you nominate other bloggers you should post on their blog or send an email just to notify them that they have been nominated by you.
The quickest way to explain what's what is to give them a link to the rules which can be the link to your blog post. You also need to list the nominees on your blog with links so others can gain access.

Before I finished this post, I was nominated by two other bloggers too! (Lucy from Cheshire Beauty and Jess from Dungarees and Donuts) Which was so nice of them! So instead of doing three separate posts or an uber long one I thought I would answer some of all of them!

Now to answer the questions!!


1. What made you want to start blogging?

I finished school early this year as I had my GCSE exams and honestly I was bored. But my Year 10 chemistry teacher actually suggested I start a blog as I want to be a journalist.

2. What is the craziest thing you've done?


It may not sound very crazy to some people, but I jumped off of a 35ft cliff into the ocean when I was in Cornwall a few years back. This is a big deal for me because I have a minor phobia of heights!

3. What is your most precious possession?


I really had to think about this question. What I realise is that my necklace that I wear daily is actually quite precious to me. It's pretty simple - just a thin silver chin with an 'A' charm. I think my Mum got it for me when I was about 12 and I hardly ever take it off.

4. If you were on a desert island what 5 things would you take?
  • The Hunger Games book series as it has a few survival skills in it and they are just amazing books!
  • Food! Obviously, I love my food! 
  • My laptop with internet connection,  I spend so much of my time on here...
  • Sun cream as I burn easily 
  • DVDs to pass the time away...
5. What skin type are you?

My skin is the one thing that annoys me the most! It can be dry as anything one minute and oily the next! But it is also really sensitive, so I guess I have combination skin?

6. What is your favourite make up beauty brand?

I love Maybelline and Rimmel London for my standard make up like foundation and lipstick, but for nail varnish it has to be Barry M!


7. What is your dream career?

Probably working in magazine or film production. I'm not bothered about being in them but I love the feeling of finishing a big project.

8. What's your favourite hobby (aside from blogging!)

Dancing! I've been doing ballet since I was two years old and have trained in various other styles throughout the years. I really don't know where I would be without it. 

9. Favourite high street store?

Definitely New Look, maybe because it's the only fashion store in my town but I have a lot of clothes from there!

10. Favourite place you've visited?

New York! I went in April 2012. I don't know why I love it so much but I literally tingled with excitement whilst I was there and it was so fun to be somewhere so iconic from films and other mediums.

11. Name three bands/singers that would be in your dream festival line up

Mumford and Sons, Kodaline and Bastille.

12. Who is your inspiration?

My inspiration is Jennifer Lawrence. I respect her for not being the stereotypical celebrity who thinks they have to be well behaved and always say the right thing. She isn't afraid to say something embarrassing and she also doesn't change how she looks just to get a role.

13. What is your favourite book?

The Fault In Our Stars. Just read it and you'll understand.

14. What is your favourite thing about yourself?

My eyes. They're unique to me... 

15. What is your biggest fear?

I used to have no obvious fears. But somehow over the last five years or so I have become a little scared of heights. I went up the Eiffel Tower in 2007 and was absolutely fine. However, going up the Empire State Building and the Jungfrau I was absolutely frozen with fear and couldn't go near the edge.


My nominations


And these are my questions for you lovely ladies...

1. If you could travel to any where in the world, where would it be?
2. Who is your fashion icon?
3. Would you rather go a day without make up or a day without properly doing your hair?
4. What is the most exotic food you have eaten?
5. Which celebrity would you most like to meet? (Male or Female)
6. Where do you see yourself in the future?
7. Do you think that getting married is the ultimate expression of love? Why?
8. Do you love stationery shopping? (I do, just curious to see if I'm the only one!)
9. Which music artist do you listen to most?
10. What is your favourite beauty brand?
11. Can you make your own clothes, accessories or anything else?


That's it! Thank you again to the bloggers who nominated me and I'd love for my nominees to leave me a comment with a link to their answers! 


- Amy Caitlin xo

No comments:

Post a Comment