DIY | Beautiful Bunting!

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Yay! All my exams are finished so no more revising!
And now I have a bit of spare time on my hands I thought I would get a little creative!

Here are my instructions on how to make some adorable bunting in 5 easy steps!


What You'll Need
Paper
Pencil
Ruler
Pins
Your chosen fabric(s)
Fabric scissors 
Thread
Sewing Machine
Iron
Ribbon or bias binding

    Step 1:
     First you will need to cut out a template using paper or card. For the ones I made I decided on 11cm.


    Step 2:
    Then fold your first piece of fabric in half so that you will have two triangles from each fabric.
    Have the right sides facing.

    It's a little hard to tell with this fabric but it is right sides facing!
    Pin the template to the open end and cut around it.




    Repeat for however many triangles you wish to make.


    Step 3:


    Next you will need to set up your sewing machine, I decided to just use white thread as it would fit with all my materials and would save me having to keep changing the thread!





    Use straight stitch to stitch around the edges of your triangles except the top


    At this point you can cut the excess point off of the triangle to save the bottom being a bit chunky like mine are.

    Step 4:
    Now turn the triangles the right way round.


    And iron them so that they stay all flat and pretty when you hang them up.


    Step 5:
    Okay, so now it's time to actually put the triangles onto the ribbon, thread or bias binding you are using.
    Measure how much you will need according on where you are wanting to hang it.
    Equally line out your triangles along the ribbon.


    Then fold it in half and pin it in place.


    You will then need to stitch this with your machine again to hold the triangles in place.

     And ta-dah! You have some beautiful bunting to brighten up your home!



    I hope this post is helpful to any DIYers!! and if any of you make your own bunting I would love to see it!

    - Amy Caitlin xo


    No comments:

    Post a Comment