A Weekend in Cardiff

Wednesday 7 October 2015


This coming Sunday (11th) is my two year anniversary with my boyfriend and, as I am away then, I went and visited him at Uni last weekend.
Also with the Rugby World Cup on at the moment it meant that Cardiff and the train station were so busy! But I didn't mind as I was part of the crowd for the rugby with tickets for New Zealand vs Georgia!


Match day is chaos, all the bars and restaurants are full, people are everywhere trying to sell you merchandise left right and centre. I did cave and get my face painted in support of the All Blacks and my boyfriend got Georgia - he likes to support the underdog.


There was such a vibe in the stadium and, even though most people were in New Zealand shirts, everyone was supporting Georgia as well within ten minutes!


On the Saturday night we went out for a meal and Jamie's Italian before watching England vs Australia with the rest of his housemates. I have to say it was one of the nicest meals I've had in ages! We shared a bread plate and mixed meat platter for starters and then I had basil pesto gnocchi with ricotta and purple potatoes. It was something that I've never tried before so it was a nice change. 
I had such a lush weekend and my boyfriend thoroughly spoilt me, I feel so lucky!

If anyone has any recommendations for things to do or places to eat in Cardiff I would so appreciate it! 

Have a lovely day! 
post signature
p.s. All these photos were taken on my phone so sorry if they're bad quality 

No comments:

Post a Comment