Bumbling Around Budapest

Sunday 18 October 2015


This is my photo diary for my recent trip to Budapest! I love visiting European cities as, so far, they all have had amazing architecture and such a rich culture. Sometimes I think I might take London for granted being so close. Budapest was covered in grand structures and monuments and statues, something that I don't notice in London anymore. It also had a lot of history around World War 2 which I found fascinating.

Parliment

The weather wasn't all that great for the trip as Autumn is definitely taking over so it was pretty cloudy all the time. On the first day we did a tour of the Parliament which had a lot of gold everywhere! It was interesting to see the different chambers and corridors and also the original crown jewels.


One of the many monuments to World War two in the city are the 140 pairs of iron cast shoes along the bank of the Danube which represent the Jews who were shot into the river during the war.

Hero's square

Inside St Matthias Church

Fisherman's Bastion

St Matthias Church at night

It was such a lush few days and I ate so much food. I also tried some traditional Hungarian food such as Goulash, Langos and Chimney Cakes! I would definitely come back again, maybe go inter railing or something! I just think that there is so much more to explore in the city.

Where would you guys fly off to if you could?


No comments:

Post a Comment