Mamma Mia at The Novello Theatre

Wednesday 13 August 2014

This has to be the highlight of my summer so far!
On Monday I was lucky enough to go and see Mamma Mia at the Novello Theatre in London!
It was one of the best shows I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot!), ABBA's music mixed with an amazing cast made such a fun night.
My absolute favourite song from the whole night was Lay All Your Love On Me and yes, maybe it was a little bit to do with all the fit men in skin tight wetsuits, but it was absolutely hilarious! Lloyd Green (Sky)'s voice was to die for!

However, I think that Rebecca Lock who played Rosie absolutely stole the show. The whole time she as on stage you would have to watch her to see what funny adlibs or faces she was making. Also, hers and Charles Daish (Bill)'s version of "Take A Chance On Me" was the best ever!
Oh and did I mention how great and well suited Kim Ismay was for the role of Tanya? There was so much sass in her performance which really shone in Does Your Mother Know!
All three of the men who played the Dads were amazing. I liked how they took on each of their characters and I loved Richard Trinder (Sam)'s Knowing Me, Knowing You
The part of the play that really got me though was when Donna (Dianne Pilkington) helps Sophie (Alice Stokoe) get ready for her wedding, the song - Slipping Through My Fingers - is so beautiful and it's a lovely change from the fast paced dance-y numbers.
The show also featured many songs which aren't in the movie such as The Name Of The Game, Under Attack and Knowing Me, Knowing You, which I liked as they are all really good songs! The Under Attack scene was to show Sophie's confusion after Voulez Vous and it was a tad weird...

But then it came to the finale and the cast reprised Dancing Queen and Mamma Mia, but there was one song that I was just waiting to appear the whole show - Waterloo! The outfits were absolutely fabulous!
Sorry this is such a long post! I just had so much to say! Let me know in the comments if you've seen the show too!
post signature
I do not own any of these images they were all sourced from here:
http://www.westendtheatre.com/16826/shows/mamma-mia-novello-theatre/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment